Pardon our dust! We are currently updating this page, and some links may be broken temporarily. Thank you for your understanding.
As part of the Chicago Green Health Care Initiative, C3 has compiled the following materials to emphasize the important connections that exist between our personal health and the health of the environment. Feel free to use these resources in developing a C3 Project, for your personal knowledge, and/or to guide your fellow community members in understanding how they can improve their own heath while being stewards for the environment.
C3 Green Health Seminar
- C3 Green Health Presentation
- C3 Green Health Presentation with notes
- Chicago Community Health Profile Lots of statistics related to the current health of Chicago’s residents.
Indoor Home Health
- Courage to Quit A list of group or individual treatment programs to help you quit smoking.
- Smoke-Free Housing Toolkit Turn your condo or apartment building into a smoke-free building.
- Healthy Green Home Project Guide*
- More on radon.
- More on lead.
Sustainable Local Food
- Sustainable Local Food Project Guide*
- Healthy Schools Campaign Support efforts to make Chicago schools greener and healthier.
- Learn more about Chicago’s Farmers Markets.
- Food Day, October 24, 2011
Air Quality and Alternative Transportation
- Neighborhood Walkability Assessment Tool Instructions This can be adapted as a C3 Project.*
- Neighborhood Walkability Assessment Tool – Part 1
- Neighborhood Walkability Assessment Tool – Part 2
- Get involved with CLOCC. Learn more about Healthy Places.
- Better Blocks Help bring your street to life.
- More on Chicago’s Anti-Idling Ordinance.
* Follow these guides to create a C3 Project and receive support and resources from C3. The first step is filling out a C3 Project Proposal.