Attend the May 5-6 at Navy Pier to celebrate solutions leading us to healthier lives and greener communities.
Meet and hear community leaders, cultural icons and reknowned visionaries, including: Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr., Van Jones, Amy Goodman, Dr. Benjamin Chavis, Karyn Calabrese, Reed Alexander, Jeffrey Smith, Laura Flanders, Greg Palast, William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and a special satellite presentation from Bill McKibben.
Here’s what you’ll find:
* Find out about the dangers of GMOs and why your food choices are critically important.
* Celebrate World Fair Trade Day at the Fair Trade Stage.
* Learn how to homebrew and make your own mead at the DIY Stage.
* Get the latest in Chicago earth-friendly trends with the T.H.R.E.A.D.S. Eco-Fashion Show.
* Vote for your favorite local nonprofit to get the Ford Community Green Grant!
* Learn how to invest in local food, farms and rebuild our local economy.
* Take home tips to urban garden in your abode.
* Test drive the brand new FORD Focus Electric.
* Watch local celebrity chefs prepare healthy foods on a budget at the Good Food Stage.
* Bring the whole family for fun in the Green Kids Zone!
* Detoxify your home and school to keep your children safe and healthy.
* Enjoy a full weekend of free yoga and movement classes.
* Screen award-winning environmental films at the Sierra Club Green Cinema.
* Discuss the “do’s” and “don’ts” of establishing, financing and marketing your green business.
* Sample and shop with the greenest businesses in your neighborhood.
Discounted tickets are still available online. Purchase your ticket online to save time and money. Check out www.greenfestivals.org to learn more and get a schedule.
Have an Earth Day event coming up? Want a dynamic, knowledgeable speaker to come talk about environmental issues or host a C3 table at your event? Consider requesting a C3 Speaker!
The C3 Speakers Bureau is a collection of environmental community leaders that are actively engaged in protecting the environment and improving the quality of life in their communities. C3 Speakers have experience leading and organizing grassroots environmental projects in all of Chicago’s neighborhoods.
C3 speakers are well versed in conservation topics like composting, local food access, rain barrel installation, recycling and reuse, general conservation and more.
Request a speaker here: www.surveymonkey.com/sbrequest by Monday, April 2nd for Earth day events. Speakers are also available for community events throughout the year. Check out the Request a Speaker tab above to learn more.
Please Note: Although we would like to fulfill all requests, this is not always possible since we depend on volunteer availability. In the case that C3 is not able to attend your event, we will do our best to inform you of our availability 1 week prior to the scheduled event date. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Explore Stormwater Management
Sustainable Backyards Workshop
Tuesday, March 27th
6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Chicago Center for Green Technology
445 N. Sacramento Blvd.
Register or learn more at www.chicagogreentech.org or call 312-746-9642
Learn how to make your back, front or side yard more environmentally sustainable. This workshop will cover the basics of installing a rain barrel, setting up a compost bin, planting a tree and more. Spring is a great time to plant a native garden and trees in your yard. You will also learn about the City’s rebate program and how Chicago residents can receive up to 50% off of their next tree, native plant, rain barrel or compost bin purchase.