Content Creator, including photographs: C3 Blogger Tom from www.letUbeU.com
The Chicago Conservation Corps (C3) has put together an impressive resume of accomplishments over the past 5+ years. In case you are new to C3, we are a group of over 400 volunteers and teachers (with 3 staff members to facilitate) who recruit and train more volunteers to organize environmentally-friendly projects around Chicago’s 50 wards.
Our projects consist of cleaning neighborhoods & forest preserves, organizing workshops that teach citizens how they can save money by reducing water and electricity consumption, and educating & inspiring Chicago Public School students to be leaders in the conservation movement in Chicago. We also have a Speakers Bureau which provides businesses and organizations with C3 Leaders who provide inspiration and resources to make your event more eco-friendly.
To date, our volunteer’s actions have provided many benefits to the city of Chicago. Please celebrate with C3 and show you care for the environment by following us on Twitter (@ChiConservation) or Facebook (Chicago Conservation Corps) and sharing some of our accomplishments below. To date:
- 401 projects since 2006 throughout the city
- Currently 83 active clubs in CPS schools
- 1,500 students engaged in the program per year
- 6,903 weatherization kits (for reducing heat loss in homes) installed in 2011-2012 heating season
- Nearly 125,000 community members impacted by C3 projects
- 9.4 million pounds of waste diverted from landfills
- Nearly 300 acres improved through clean-ups and plantings
Thank you for reading. Remember, this is for your, my, and our children’s
All photographs were taken from The Field Museum’s exhibit: The Abbott Hall of Conservation Restoring Earth