Attend the May 5-6 at Navy Pier to celebrate solutions leading us to healthier lives and greener communities.
Meet and hear community leaders, cultural icons and reknowned visionaries, including: Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr., Van Jones, Amy Goodman, Dr. Benjamin Chavis, Karyn Calabrese, Reed Alexander, Jeffrey Smith, Laura Flanders, Greg Palast, William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and a special satellite presentation from Bill McKibben.
Here’s what you’ll find:
* Find out about the dangers of GMOs and why your food choices are critically important.
* Celebrate World Fair Trade Day at the Fair Trade Stage.
* Learn how to homebrew and make your own mead at the DIY Stage.
* Get the latest in Chicago earth-friendly trends with the T.H.R.E.A.D.S. Eco-Fashion Show.
* Vote for your favorite local nonprofit to get the Ford Community Green Grant!
* Learn how to invest in local food, farms and rebuild our local economy.
* Take home tips to urban garden in your abode.
* Test drive the brand new FORD Focus Electric.
* Watch local celebrity chefs prepare healthy foods on a budget at the Good Food Stage.
* Bring the whole family for fun in the Green Kids Zone!
* Detoxify your home and school to keep your children safe and healthy.
* Enjoy a full weekend of free yoga and movement classes.
* Screen award-winning environmental films at the Sierra Club Green Cinema.
* Discuss the “do’s” and “don’ts” of establishing, financing and marketing your green business.
* Sample and shop with the greenest businesses in your neighborhood.
Discounted tickets are still available online. Purchase your ticket online to save time and money. Check out www.greenfestivals.org to learn more and get a schedule.